- For the communities of Cambuslang and Rutherglen to become fully fledged Bike Towns. We want to make our local community healthier n happier through cycling and see local residents reap the rewards from its social, economic, health and environmental benefits.
- To make cycling as a means of transport and recreation available to all in Cambuslang & Rutherglen. We will do this by providing affordable cycling products and services which enhance the lives of cyclists and would be cyclists. We will break down the barriers to involve people of all ages and all walks of life to reap the benefits of cycling and being part of their community through cycling.
- Foster a cycling spirit – Build a healthy n happy, inclusive and diverse cycling community where everyone feels comfortable collaborating no matter their background or life experience. Create a safe environment where people volunteer their time and cycling expertise to each other.
- Help the environment – We accept unused or unwanted bikes, saving them from landfill and upcycling to new homes. By encouraging cycling as a means of transport instead of other forms we are working to reduce carbon emissions.
- Increasing wellbeing – Support people from all walks of life to get on two wheels, get fitter physically and emotionally and to have fun. Individuals have a right to enjoy their surroundings and the world we live in – cycling helps to do this.
- Focus on Learning – Develop peoples skills in how to cycle safely, repair and maintain bikes and to increase confidence
- Improve availability – Provide affordable and accessible bikes and cycling related courses to local communities and hard to reach groups. Offer meaningful volunteering opportunities that increase employment prospects.
- Develop infrastructure and partnership – Work with local governing bodies to improve local cycle ways making it safer to cycle on the roads. Liaise with other local community groups and forge mutually beneficial networks and relationships.